I’ve been thinking, Boomer.
I’ve been thinking about life, Boomer. Life and all the good things that make up life.
I like to think about life also, Fuzzy. What are you thinking?
Just this—If I could give you the gift of my years I would tell you to:
- Never turn down a ride in the back of the pick-up
- Oh! You are so right, Fuzzy. There is nothing like the wind in your ears and the ruffle of the air on your fur…like the ride in the back of the pick-up
- Don’t forget riding with Mom on the four-wheeler. It’s the best. She goes slow enough we can always smell the smells and see the sights and….
- And Never worry about falling off, Fuzzy!
- Right, Boom, we are always safe with Mom.
- Cats are okay….even if I like to keep Sam-Sam from eating out of my dog dish—I still pretty much like him.
- Me too, Fuzzy, me too!
- The really fun things to do are barking the mailman and the FedEX man and the UPS man down the lane. Helps Mom and Dad know we are guarding the place and lets them know we are the boss.
- And all the trucks coming in for hay.
- Oh, Yes I forgot about the hay people. You are right!
- Don’t forget helping Mom with the leaves…leaves are fun…it is fun to run and bark in the leaves while Mom works.
- It is Fuzzy, it is!
There is just so much I would like to tell you, Boom, but I think you know.
I think you know.
Please let Mom know also, Boom. It’s been wonderful here on the farm with Mom and Dad and you, my Buddy.
Oh, Fuzzy…How do Mom and I go on? How?
One day at time…that is all you can do.
Good bye- my Friend, Good Bye.
Fuzzy passed away today, Thursday, October 30, 2014 at 11:00 am. He died in my arms with Boomer lying next to the dog bed. We are devastated. All of us… Terry, Myself, Boomer and the cats.
Thank-you for loving Fuzzy as much as we have. I will be back Sunday or Monday or Tuesday…I need some time right now.
Friday Adventures will continue with Boomer and myself, for life goes on, albeit much more lonely.
Fuzzy “The Dude” Brown