Last week we had rain…lovely, lush, wet, rain. Four days of rain. It soaked in 1/2 inch giving much needed life to everything.
Irrigation doesn’t stop just because of rain, mainly because the rain doesn’t really soak in far enough to do tons of good.
But in-between irrigating we had lots of things to do-
- Terry was given a hot shave gift certificate for his birthday…off we went to Grand Junction for this first time experience
- Our daughter and son-in-law lost Riley—that was very hard
- I was a parent volunteer for our oldest granddaughter’s class field trip–which was a lot of fun. We rode on a bus and played and EVERYTHING
- This same grandchild had a piano recital
- We went to Gunnison and on up to Taylor Dam to see what the irrigation water is looking like–not good. Not good at all!
When I was chopping weeds along the edge of the fields one evening the sky turned amazingly orange as the storm clouds blew away. The color filled the whole sky and even surrounded Terry on the ditch bank and probably me at the end of the field.
I am always so appreciative of this great big beautiful world we live in, I’m sure you are too.
Enjoy your Monday everyone. See you back here on Tuesday.