Today is the last day of the whole decade—WOW!
And tomorrow starts another set of ten years. Not just a New Year but the beginning of a whole new decade!
I’ve erased this post several times…it’s so hard to put into words what I am thinking and feeling.
But I decided to go ahead and give it a whirl:
I am going to practice daily until it becomes who I am
- To speak words of kindness, to me. I forget to do that sometimes. I seem to be my worst critic.
My mother and her parents, my grandparents, were very kind and generous people. Always helping those who needed a little help.
- Help can be as simple as a kind word in the grocery store, unsticking a shopping cart for the person who can’t get them apart, or taking in a shopping cart someone just left in the parking slot, too uncaring to roll it to the cart corral.
- If, and when, we go out I want to tip as generously as I can afford. Oftentimes those in the service industry are over-looked as only a necessary commodity for people to have a good time.
Forgetting that service people have feelings, get tired, have to put up with ugly and rude customers.
A decent tip goes a long way to saying—You did a nice job. Thank you.
- I want to remember to smile. To smile at everyone. Sometimes a smile is as nice as a hug.
- Sometimes hugs are even nicer.
- I want to keep my blog and my FaceBook pages free from politics.
My Daddy always said the quickest way to lose friends is to discuss politics and religion. I believe him.
- I will always respect your beliefs, and I will never demand, coerce, or push my politics or religion onto you.
I want my blog and my FaceBook page and myself to show to you that very invisible but strongly felt emotion of unconditional love and acceptance.
- I also need to dust more, I will try.
But for me that is just trying—there are so many other things I want to do with my time.
The time that is going fast now in my elder years.
Still, I will try. (to dust more 🙂 )
- So for this coming year, I want to judge less, to pay forward as much kindness as I possibly can, and enjoy each and every day as the seconds swing by with the pendulum of time.
From my heart to your heart,